What we do: Historic Helicopters exists to raise money to keep historic Military aircraft in the air.
- To preserve, maintain and operate a select fleet of unique, vintage and historic Military Helicopters.
- To establish a Visitor Centre and Museum which charts the history of Royal Navy & Royal Air Force Search and Rescue, the Commando Helicopter Force and the “Junglie” Helicopters. This will allow us to fully engage with Aviation Enthusiasts, Air Cadets, Army Cadets, Sea Cadets, Cubs, Beavers, Scouts and Schools.
- To provide children with an opportunity to learn more about historically significant Helicopters which were built locally at Westland Helicopters, Yeovil. This will increase their understanding and appreciation of the global impact made by a world-leading Somerset Company.
- To host as many Open Days and attend as many Air Shows as possible. This increases our engagement with the general public from further afield.
- To provide a venue for ex-Service Associations to host visits, meetings and reunions.
- To continue to host two Aeronautical Engineering students from Bridgwater College on a weekly basis.
- To provide a venue which promotes, encourages and conducts Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities.
- To raise funds by way of donations, legacies and events to provide Historic Helicopter interaction for those who wouldn’t normally be able to.
- To continue to support the RAF Benevolent Fund and Navy Wings charity by sharing the profits from our merchandise sales.